lauraadriana94801

The Tipsybibliophile

I love cheap and tasty wine, reading stories about men falling in love and making good food…Here is where I mix all three.

Moon Called
A.D. Truax
Sursein Judgment
Jet Mykles
Finding Shelter - M.J. O'Shea 2.75 Stars

I think this book should have been a novella...While it was cute, it just went waaaayyyyy too long. The story just ran out of steam.

This is a GFY story where Logan, who is Mason's (from book #2), meets and falls in love with Justin, a guy who has come into town seeking refuge from his abusive father. Logan is straight has has recently broken up with his girlfriend and has come to Rock Bay to get over the breakup. They both really like each other, and since they are working together at the same coffee shop they are able to build a friendship, eventually they become roommates and they get even closer...The sexual tension continues, until finally they get it together and start a relationship. Logan even though he's been straight until that point takes things in stride and Justin who is kind of nervous guy because of all the abuse he has suffered still goes with it...This story should have worked better for me, but something just didn't click for me. the obstacles to them being together were overkill in a way, I just felt like things would have gone better if it would have been a shorter story.

I love MJ's shorts and definitely think young love is her sweet spot, however this book just didn't seemed flushed out. I liked the characters and thought they were real cute together, but I just couldn't really sink into the story. I think there just wasn't enough there to fill a book.

Yeah...I don't know what else to say other than it was better than the second book, but didn't live up to the first story which I really really liked.