lauraadriana94801

The Tipsybibliophile

I love cheap and tasty wine, reading stories about men falling in love and making good food…Here is where I mix all three.

Moon Called
Pretty Shade of Grey
A.D. Truax
Sursein Judgment
Jet Mykles
The Dark Farewell - Josh Lanyon This was an interesting book...very PNRish...it was, as always with Josh Lanyon very well researched and well written it takes place in a small town in Illinois during prohibition. David Flynn is a reporter from the East Coast who comes to this small town to write a feature about a massacre that happened in a coal mine the year before...the issues arose from a strike and lead to many deaths. At the same time there are women being murdered in this town in a gruesome way.

He comes to her friend's boardinghouse there he finds Julian Deveraux or the Magnificent Belloc who is a medium...David is not a believer...although Julian since to have something very much in common with David...and the interest is reciprocal.

Julian in the end may really have a gift...but things get very weird and dangerous, it's not a good time for two men who have feelings for each other...

This maybe one of the most frustrating endings I've read of Lanyon's...but I loved the story and the history...such interesting information about prohibition and an interesting insight to what it was for gay men then...at one point David thinks him and Julian were born 'a few centuries late' which was something to think about...good story, good book as always with Lanyon...frustrating ending though, I wanted to know David and Julian more.