lauraadriana94801

The Tipsybibliophile

I love cheap and tasty wine, reading stories about men falling in love and making good food…Here is where I mix all three.

Moon Called
Pretty Shade of Grey
A.D. Truax
Sursein Judgment
Jet Mykles
Mummy Dearest (The XOXO Files, #1) - Josh Lanyon I've said it once, twice and I'll say it a hundred times. Josh Lanyon is the best writer in this genre. Full Stop.

At least to for me anyways :O)

This is the first installment of The XOXO Files. Drew Lawson and Fraser Fortune are our newest Lanyon boys, they are charming as hell, and ever funnier. I think this books is the most fun I've had with any of Josh's book. It was fantastic comedy with perfect timing, entertaining, and as always with Josh's book, the whole thing played in my head vividly.

Drew, Archeology Professor, is at the Lasse Dime Museum in Walsh, Wyoming to check out a mummy he is writing a paper on. When he arrives he runs into Mr. Fraser Fortune, start of The Mysterious one of those documentary/adventure shows that are always hunting for the next ghost story. They are both there for the mummy...They clash from the first moment. Obviously the makings of some awesome chemistry.

This book was so FUN It was fast paced, entertaining, and had a pretty interesting mystery. It felt like one of those old comedies like Arsenic and Old Lace or something with lots of laughs, and silliness, and purely entertaining.

And as always Josh did some amazing work in perfectly describing the different dynamics in a relationship. I think one of my favorite parts of the book was how Drew described his realizations about his relationship with Noah (his lover), how he began to almost wake up from two years of putting his wants, needs and tastes on hold for the sake of his lover. That I thought was done extremely well. I think we can all recall a time where we might have done something like that for the sake of love, it felt extremely personal, and easy to relate to Drew and where he was.

Loved this book, and I am quite glad there will be more.

Drew and Fraser...I think I love you :O)