lauraadriana94801

The Tipsybibliophile

I love cheap and tasty wine, reading stories about men falling in love and making good food…Here is where I mix all three.

Moon Called
Pretty Shade of Grey
A.D. Truax
Sursein Judgment
Jet Mykles
Finding Zach - Rowan Speedwell Rowan Speedwell writes BEAUTIFULLY. Every book I've read of hers, I've said it.

I don't know what kept me from reading this book for so long, but I'm so glad I finally read it. I LOVED IT.

There are three things that are a for sure thing for me with a book, second chances, damaged but engaging characters and resilience...This book had those three things in spades.

At 15 years old Zach Tyler was kidnapped in Costa Rica by a paramilitary group and kept for five years as a prisoner...Worse than a prisoner when he is found he is barely alive, barely human. The story starts for us when Zach is found, and quickly we get to a couple of years later after he has "recovered" more physically than emotionally from his captivity.

Tha is when David comes back into the picture, a childhood friend, his best friend, also the person Zach loved more than anyone else. He comes back reluctantly since Zach refused to see him when he first came back. But once David is back they can't stay away from each other. Despite how messed up Zach still is. The sweet polite boy that Zach was is now a hardened man, with too many rough edges, but if anyone can find the loving boy inside it's David.

Thins are not easy, but they are in love and they work hard at getting to a place where that love can survive through all the setbacks Zach's traumas cause.

David was so patient and SO IN LOVE with Zach, so sure that they were meant to be "forever and always". Zach was so strong, and so stubborn to not let those five years take his whole life. His parents were wonderdful and so were the friends, but my delight in this book was reading about Zach and David. What love.

The ending was sweet and comforting, it felt victorious. I wish I could read another 1000 pages of these two men, and their happily ever after.

Gorgeous writing as always, beautiful story. LOVED!